Thursday, May 9, 2013

Why Eli Hates Saturdays

A few months ago Eli surprised me by saying he hates Saturdays.  What kid hates Saturdays?  You don't have to go to school, you don't have to do homework, you don't even have to sit through three hours of church.  But our little kindergartner wasn't talking about any of that.  His response to my "Why?" was, "I hate Saturdays because I always get in trouble for breaking things and we always have to clean up."  Both good points. 

Stephen decided to document one such Saturday morning moment, so you have some visual proof of why our six year-old hates every other kid in the world's favorite day of the week.


What one powerful kick of a soft, "indoor" ball can do

Three broken mantle items

= almost all of Eli's piggy bank $
(per Daddy's fed-up-with-these-shenanigans decision)  Ask Stephen if he has a list of all the destroyed items that he plans to have repaid when Eli makes it big in the NFL :)

6 comments:

Anna R said...

Eli should ask his dad what happened to Grandma's favorite glass candlestick on her mantle...about 35 years ago. Or Grandma's rosebushes (plural!) ...or....
:)
Although, I'm pretty sick of indoor shenanigans up here too...I just don't have decorative things out. So we have marks on brand new walls from people/things crashing into them.

Julianne said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Lol. We'll have to have Stephen share some of those stories so Eli doesn't feel quite so bad about Saturdays! :)

Stephen said...

Hey now!! I have not even had a third of the cost in broken items that Eli has at this age and that is including putting tomatoes in Mom's typewriter and wrecking Dad's car door when I put the car in reverse (at least that was covered with insurance). Eli has broken a ceiling fan, the laundry door window, two panes of coffee table glass, stained glass on the front door, countless toys and books, etc. The kid is just freakishly strong. That's why we called him Chunk when he came into this life as a 10 pound bundle of life with a Popeye-barreled chest and arms that would make a boxer proud. It's no wonder that he excels at rock climbing, gymnastics and hanging upside down like spider man :).

kenders said...

Lol!

Jenae said...

I loved this post and especially these comments! Wow, I agree, that is quite the list of broken items for Mr. Eli!

Paula's Place said...

It's a big price to pay when raising rough and tumbly boys..... Enjoy!