Monday, May 20, 2013

Hoops

It felt a little strange going to a gym every Saturday morning this past winter instead of an outdoor field for soccer.  I forgot just how loud a gymnasium could be, especially when you have two basketball games going at the same time: whistles, squeaky high tops, bouncing balls, parents cheering, coaches yelling.  Being there did bring back some fun memories, however, of junior high and high school basketball.

It was also fun to mix things up a bit and let B play a new sport.  Stephen helped coach with a friend from our church, which meant Benito got to play with a buddy on his team.  They both had a good time, as did Eli and Millie who got to play with their pals during the games; and I certainly didn't mind chatting with a friend, either.  Fun all around.










3 comments:

Jim and Connie Jory said...

Yay for basketball! I remember watching you in some of those high school games - it WAS fun.

Julianne said...

Ha ha, that's right. :)

Jenae said...

Fun to see him playing a different sport, I can't wait for basketball to start for my boys!