Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Showers

Stephen's baby sister is tying the knot. 
This is the same baby sister who grew up as Stephen's little buddy,
a sports-loving, no-nonsense, tough-as-nails tomboy,
who found her perfect match in a San Jose singles ward.
(Great place to meet your mate!)
 
We heart Kelly, her fiancee,
which is good because we super duper heart Aunt Kymber.
 
Anyway, it's been so fun to see my tomboy sis-in-law try on wedding dresses,
pick colors and decorations and invitations,
and even have bridal showers thrown for her.
 
That's why I jumped at the chance to get girlie
and help a little bit with one of the showers,
ignoring the fact that getting girlie generally involves crafting,
something I don't really do.
Ever.

But for Kymber, anything.

 
As Millie would say, Ta da!
This is the very small area I was in charge of that utterly stressed me out.
Apparently I'm the only person in the world
who's never made tissue paper poms poms or homemade chalkboards.
Harder than they look, people.
Harder than they look.

I had nothing to do with these, but aren't they cute?
THE most delicious cupcakes I've ever tasted. 

My lemonade punch bowls




Some of the group

Mother of the bride and mother of the groom
 

3 comments:

Jim and Connie Jory said...

Nice job! uh, I think I have you beat in the no-craft department....NEVER made those tissue paper pom poms or chalkboard signs either -- NEVER! :) (how is it you're related to Nae-nae?)

Julianne said...

I ask myself that same question every time she tells me about her latest project! :)

Jenae said...

-sigh- Crafting...the only thing that I don't have in common with the two of you. You did an awesome job on the pom poms, I too stressed over those puppies when I had to make them for a shower. The tutorials make them look so easy but I could never make two look the same. oh well. You will have to teach me how to make the chalkboard too.