Our children are cursed.
Cursed with early teething.
Most kids teeth at a year of age. Our boys started at four or five months,
but poor Miss Millie has had an even earlier dose of the awfulness.
Here she is all normal and happy:
Cursed with early teething.
Most kids teeth at a year of age. Our boys started at four or five months,
but poor Miss Millie has had an even earlier dose of the awfulness.
Here she is all normal and happy:

And then this:
My gums are killing me!
I feel so bad that our kids start the long and arduous process of cutting teeth at such a young age, especially when they're too small to even hold a teething ring in their mouth for relief.
So we tend to see a whole lot of this:

and pretty much anything that you get near her mouth is fair game. Fingers, toes (thankfully only her own so far), chins, noses, hair. If it's near her mouth, she'll suck on it.
Now, I know what you're thinking? What kind of alien babies do you have that grow chompers at three months of age?!? They don't actually cut the teeth for months to come--like I said, long and arduous--but you can see the white on her gum line. And believe me when I tell you I can definitely feel just how hard those pearly whites are going to be. Ugh.

My gums are killing me!I feel so bad that our kids start the long and arduous process of cutting teeth at such a young age, especially when they're too small to even hold a teething ring in their mouth for relief.
So we tend to see a whole lot of this:

and pretty much anything that you get near her mouth is fair game. Fingers, toes (thankfully only her own so far), chins, noses, hair. If it's near her mouth, she'll suck on it.Now, I know what you're thinking? What kind of alien babies do you have that grow chompers at three months of age?!? They don't actually cut the teeth for months to come--like I said, long and arduous--but you can see the white on her gum line. And believe me when I tell you I can definitely feel just how hard those pearly whites are going to be. Ugh.

So be grateful if you're one of those enviable parents whose children "didn't even feel their teeth come in" or "cut their teeth in a few weeks." Just don't expect me to smile and applaud when you tell me. I'll be too busy silently cursing your curse-less existence.
2 comments:
There has to be some genetic connection...my teeth all came in early (even wisdom teeth) and my kids teeth alternate between coming in early and taking forever. Poor T has had semi-loose teeth for months and it totally bugs him, but they're not loose enough to pull (we've tried).
Soooo...I feel your pain...and I remember how NOT so pleasant that stage made nursing.
Millie is still a cutie though!!
Sad. Quinn has been cutting teeth recently too. Of course my kids wait until they are almost one to show a tooth but dang it is painful and she has been so grouchy. She will chew on anything. There are some little natural teething tablets that you can buy at your grocery store. They seem to help my kids.
Post a Comment