Friday, October 9, 2009

Eli vs Daddy

For those of you that know me, you know that I was a bit of a Dennis the Menace as a kid. By the time I was five I had chopped down my dad's newly planted peach tree, destroyed my mom's typewriter by putting tomatoes in it and wrapped my dad's car door around a tree.

But Eli, my friends, is giving me a run for my money. Keep in mind that he doesn't even turn three for another two months. Let's look at the numbers:

3 ER visits

4 broken panes of glass (2 from the coffee table, one from the front door and one from the laundry room)

1 broken ceiling fan (we still have no idea how he did it, we even asked him to re-create what he did)

I won't even count the things he has done to the computer and countless numbers of toys. So I am starting a tab. Maybe I should take it out of his inheritance :). Or better yet, maybe he should buy me a brand new house when he makes the big bucks in the NFL.

3 comments:

Kim said...

First of all, I think that Bennett may have been a little jealous of this post and wanted an ER post of his own:).

Second of all, I love Eli and his gusto for life:).

Stephen said...

Yes, for those that don't know, Bennett was knocked out yesterday when he hit his head twice on the concrete while playing red rover on the grass with some friends. We had to call 911 and he was the first in our family to get a ride in an ambulence to the hospital. I was able to give him a blessing. He passed the neurological tests and the catscan came back ok. So he is back to being his normal self.

Tiffanie said...

I too love Eli and his craziness! he cracks me up! I do like the tally idea Bryson, 10 mo old today is already at a broken vase and picture frame!