Thursday, July 23, 2009

Toddler for Sale


Two years old. Blond hair. Blue eyes. Above-average height. High energy. Highly-entertaining and humorous at times. Utterly exasperating at others. Extremely moody, especially since his baby sister showed up. Unresponsive to disciplining techniques and strategies that worked like a charm on his older brother. In need of obedience school, military school, boot camp, something to save his parents from having to figure out how to get him to obey!

8 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

I would love to help you but as of right now we have a sale going on at our house. "Buy one kid get 2 for FREE!" Maybe I can advertise here too since you started it! The adjustment is hard but it'll get better ... maybe this is a good time to start the daddy/son, mommie/son date! Good luck!

kenders said...

We'll take Eli!!! :) Maybe he'll be better as an only child. jk. He'll grow out of it Ju, hang in there!

Denita said...

Ha! Wanna trade? I have a female version of yours, however, she LOVES babies. But she is still very moody and hard to discipline!! One thing that has been working pretty well for us lately is a marble jar. We started the girls out with 10 marbles each. If they do something good they get a marble, if they do something not-so-good they get one taken away. The prize when they fill their jar (hopefully it WILL happen!) is a trip to Chuck E Cheese, which the parents despise but the kids love and it's an hour of play for only $5. Maya really hates getting a marble taken away, so I think it works ok, although she still has her days! Good luck.

Kim said...

I will buy him for 2 hours:).

Elaine said...

I didn't see a price- does that mean you're offering money? Hang in there! (Oh- this is one of my favorite posts ever...)

Anna R said...

maybe he needs to come up north more...Lilly would love to have Eli to play with again (at the tidepools, she kept telling me "I don't want to see stuff, I want to be with Eli")...I'll hold Millie so he can get some mommy/son, daddy/son attention.
Dont worry- Every mom gets frustrated with kids at some point. It's the law of "opposition in all things". You love them completely and yet at the same time they can be completely frustating, too.

By the way...Eli's feet incident/example has become a powerful word of warning in our house...especially since my kids are barefooters too often.

Jenae said...

Thank you for posting this and making the rest of us moms feel better! Finally someone is completely honest about how tough some days with a two year old can be! Your one ahead of me sister, so unfortunately I come to you for the advice! sorry I am no help. I am willing to listen though...

Jim and Connie Jory said...

Oh Honorable Numba' # 2 Daughta' (a/k/a Julianne, Jules, Ju, Jabouti, Jabawok), Ah....the trying times of the "Troublesome Twos." 2 things to consider: 1st, sibling order--2 boys and then a chick! Eli is looking to stand out from his obedient and dutiful older bro. 2nd, the "trying twos" have not been mislabeled, apparently. Give him limited choice areas, direct immediate consequences that matter to him (outside play, balls, etc.) for poor choices, and be firm.
Finally, perhaps, you could sell him to AIG as an executive!!
Love, Dad