
No Man's Land is an apt description for my wardrobe right now. How much longer will I be stuck in this awful place between maternity clothes and normal clothes? Neither one seems to fit right these days, making the closet one of the most dreaded spots in the house right now. Every time I try on one of my pre-pregnancy shirts that I've been so eager to wear again, I end up disappointed and mad. Tight shirts revealing back and belly rolls do nothing for my post-partum body's waning self-esteem. And having to bust out yet another old and tired maternity T when I'm precisely ZERO months pregnant only adds insult to injury. Ugh. Let's just say that none of my outfits will be scoring points any time soon.
9 comments:
I feel your pain ... I'm in "no man's land" too but 20 wks pregnant ... my pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit me and are uncomfortable... yet the pregnancy stuff is TOO big! ARGH! In the up side, I thought you looked great in the pix of you and your mom... I hope this stage passes soon for both of us. Good luck!
I hear ya on this one. Sadly:). But, we'll both get nice and skinny together. Bikinis here we come-- Summer of 2010!
That's definitely no fun, but sounds like a good excuse to go on a shopping trip. :) I'm using the "just had a baby" excuse for a Park City shopping excursion next week.
This is just getting you ready for about 15 years from now!!! I've been trying to lose weight and have been somewhat successful, but still can't get into the smaller sizes in my closet!!! Don't worry -- you look amazing on your blog Jul!
Sorry you're so frustrated!! You did look great though at the reunion!!! :)
P.S. Remember at the reunion how Jay kept saying, I can't believe she's playing volleyball already!! Only 3 weeks?! Obviously he was impressed with how fast you were bouncing back.
For the record, I think you look great Julianne!
You look great Julianne!!...but I know how you feel (been there 'done that). Go get some "in-between" tops/outfits that you feel GREAT in until you're done nursing. (not maternity and not "pre-children" clothes)
Note to Stephen (from your sis)-
Hand Julianne a lovely greeting card, giving her the "assignment" to find something for herself... and then send her out the door. (Yes, a friend had to drag me out to do this at that same stage of my life as a mom) Or get a babysitter, go out together and tell her she looks lovely as she tries on a multitude of things...
LOVE YA BOTH!!!
I'm waiting patiently for the 6 weeks to be over and then with all my free time I'm planning on working out 3 hours out of every day to someday get back into my pre pregnancy clothes. I sooooo feel you on this!!!
Post a Comment