Thursday, May 1, 2008

Soccer Class, Suitors for Liz & Super Spa




















I know I mentioned Bennett's soccer class, but I wanted to give it a proper post for two important reasons: 1) He loved it more than I ever imagined, thanks to a fabulous head coach who kept ALL those three and four year olds engaged and happy for almost forty minutes. Bennett cracked up at Coach Scott's funny jokes and voices, but also ran and kicked and practiced drills with way more enthusiasm than I could muster up on a Saturday morning.

2) BFF, Aunt Lizzy, is moving out here this summer and happens to be a stellar soccer player herself AND is a complete natural with kids, so wouldn't it be fun if she dated Coach Scott?? I think so... He's the coach in the light blue, by the way, the one flexing his muscles to make the kids laugh. You seriously wouldn't believe how great he is with these munchkins.

**If it doesn't work out with Coach Scott, I have another potential suitor for Liz--Brendon, the best massage therapist in the valley, from Destino Spa in Palo Alto. I usually go (and by go, I mean once or twice a year) to Saratoga or Santana Row for a massage, but I decided to step outside my spa box and try a smaller, yelp-recommended spot. Best thing I ever did. Not only did Brendon give me twenty more minutes than what I'd paid for, but he also went above and beyond the typical deep massage, honestly working out every one of the countless huge knots (thank you, Disneyland) in my upper back. The poor guy had to be exhausted, but all he said was, "Mothers are worthy." What a nice guy (nice-looking too, and yes, Liz, I'm sure he's straight) and what a perfect addition to my little "Liz's future boyfriend finding pool"!!

7 comments:

kenders said...

Sounds like a great spa! They should give every teacher that gift at the end of the year. :)

And how fun that will be to have a great friend around.

Bennett is a soccer stud!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I feel like I owe you money for being my head-hunter (I mean pimp). HA HA HA!!! You are the best friend ever!!! love your ho,
Lizzy

Jenae said...

Hilarious! Benito is so cute kickin' the ball. Yeah for Liz in Cali!

Jenae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Can I come get one of those massages...I need one!

TheFunYam said...

Benito looks like stud, and as for lizard, that sounds like the best plan EVER!

Juliann said...

Woah, I'm voting for Coach Scott. Go Liz, go!