We are dumb. This won't surprise many of you, but for some reason it continues to surprise us. We're dumb for procrastinating. We're dumb for scheduling Christmas card photos on a day when we'd been at the temple
all day. We're dumb for expecting Millie to be happy and photogenic after just waking up from the world's shortest nap (in the van, of course). We're dumb for forgetting just how hard it is to get five people, three of whom are munchkins, to look at the camera at the same time. We're dumb for thinking we'd luck out the way we did last year, when we had a few backyard shots taken after church one Sunday. It took all of ten minutes, cost us nothing (thanks, Liz!) and we got an awesome photo out of it. Well, you can't always luck out, especially when you're dummies like we are.
Enjoy a sampling of our Christmas card rejects below. Stephen and Bennett are rockstars in just about every shot, while Millie and Eli seem to have inherited my not-so-photogenic genes. Sorry, you two. You should see just how many of my school pictures have me looking half-baked. Some were even retakes. Pretty sad.
 |
| Three of five looking |
 |
| This was the very first shot. Can you see how thrilled Millie is? |
 |
| You might not be able to tell, but this is the 'turn-the-head-'cause-I'm-so-angry-and-crying' shot |
 |
| Sour-puss Millie and dumbfounded Eli |
 |
| We finally get a shot with all three kids looking! And then I have to go and ruin it. |
4 comments:
Definitely not dumb. So normal. I love the shots. And you look GREAT. I love your hair, by the way.
Cute Family. Even when someone is grumpy.
I love the honesty of these photos, this is what real life is like for everyone in reality. Love you all!
Love it! Ours were somewhat like that... we hoped Tristan would nap in the car and he did not and didn't want to be anywhere near us while we were trying to hold him! LOL. But like Jenae said, the honesty is awesome :)
SO hilarious, and I, too, love your hair! :)
Post a Comment