Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Great minds

We have always been early risers around here, but I'm pretty sure today takes the cake for early morning birthday festivities. Birthday boy, Eli, and his equally-excited partner in crime were up at 5:45 this morning, chatting away in their bunk bed in eager anticipation of "What could be inside those packages from the grandparents?" Grandma Paula and Grandad Jory & Connie beat the Christmas rush and actually had Eli's presents arrive early (a skill I clearly missed out on in the gene pool), which once again saved me, since I never seem to have birthday presents wrapped in time. Not only were the long-distance grandparents super prepared, but they also thought alike, which with two best bud brothers turned out to be the perfect thing. No fighting over the new toys!




Can you see why he was so thrilled about these packages?  Gigantic!
  


"Just what I wanted!"
 


"Awesome!!"
  

And here's the beauty of getting two guitars



The jam session goes on (p.s. they're still jamming, an hour later)
 


Decadent b-day b-fast




6 comments:

Paula's Place said...

WOW!!! It looks like a fabulous day! I'm SO glad Eli liked the gifts. I thought that he could play the guitar AND the keyboard - be sure to read the instructions if he hasn't already figured it out. The keyboard actually plays... : Have fun and BUY SOME EARPLUGS!!!! Ha - that did work out perfectly that there are 2 - I was really worried about everyone wanting to play it. :)

Denita said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!

I can't believe our kids are getting so big! Weren't we both kidless just a little while ago?

Take a nap if you can and have a wonderful day!

Julianne said...

Yes, Denita, it does feel like we were VT companions and w/o children not that long ago. I have no idea how time passes so fast! Thanks for the bday wishes for our #2. :)

Julianne said...

Mom, they love the keyboard option on both guitars! Thanks again.

Laura L said...

I was going to call you today and see how you were doing with everything- so glad you blogged! Love the jam session!

Jenae said...

I would be relieved as well if two of the same gift showed up, then everyone is happy! Except Millie I guess:( Maybe she can do lead vocals!