When we finally did reach the snow, however, all of B's stress melted right away as he caught his first glimpses. "I see it, Mommy, I see it!" I may as well have been five years old myself, though, the way I couldn't stop smiling at the blanketed trees and little white piles on the sides of the road. Seeing all that beautiful winter scenery was food for my snow-starved soul--apparently absence has made my heart grow fonder (especially when I think of how I used to complain about it when I lived in UT). As we approached the top, Benito kept asking to get out and see it, so we pulled over and frolicked midst the snow-capped trees and gorgeous views of the lighted valley below. Eli was fast asleep in the van with content Millie by his side, so it was just B and I throwing snowballs at each other. This cute couple gave Bennett their miniature snowman and laughed at his shock over how cold his hands were from touching the snow. First-timer through and through.

3 comments:
So beautiful! What wonderful memories you are creating -- you're the coolest mom......
It really was so beautiful. I wish it had lasted longer. I loved looking up at the hills and seeing snow-covered trees and mountains. Are you guys surviving the arctic weather I hear Seattle has been having lately?
We're now back to drizzly gray Seattle.... sniff, sniff...
Post a Comment