
We went to Santa Cruz to visit Stephen's older half-brother, Troy, who owns a very cool little comic book shop downtown. As much as our boys love all the superheroes, I don't think they had any idea that they come from comic books. I'm not even sure they had ever seen a comic book before visiting Troy's store. They fell in love. They did not want to leave. They would have been happy to spend the entire day camped out on the floor of that shop reading comics about Batman, Superman, Spiderman and the gang.
I loved finally getting to meet Troy. So nice. And down to earth. And funny. And cute the way he kept calling Stephen "brother." And completely cool with all [eleven] of us showing up at his shop unannounced. And surprised by how many kids Stephen and I have. And utterly Santa Cruz. Did I mention his wife teaches belly dance? She does.
After the comic shop, we grabbed some sandwiches and headed for the beach. The weather had been clear the whole morning, but wouldn't you know it started to drizzle just about the moment we stepped onto the sand. We headed for the waves anyway, some of us more literally than others, and soaked in the ocean air, sounds and scenery for as long as we could. Eli and Bennett ran around while Millie hung out under the umbrella and "dined out," as Grandma called it, on her very gourmet Gerber baby food.
1 comment:
Sounds like a perfectly Santa Cruz day . . . how fun!
Post a Comment