Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baffled

Remember how I told you that child #2 was having issues going #2 in public bathrooms? Well, apparently we wished or prayed a little too hard for him to overcome that one because now we can't get him to stop doing it! Lest you think I'm exagerrating, let me give you a brief run-down of how many bathrooms the kid "dooked it out in" over the course of one day:

Monday night -- drugstore
Monday night -- home
Tuesday morning -- home
Tuesday morning -- Bennett's classroom
Tuesday morning -- home
Tuesday morning -- mall
Tuesday afternoon-- park (twice)
Tuesday afternoon -- home
Tuesday night -- Costco
Tuesday night -- home

Does this seem a little unnatural to anyone else? How does one little body produce that much stuff? And where he used to insist that I come into the stall with him, now he "wants privacy, Mommy" and gives me the stiff arm every time I try and help (although I have peeked to make sure he's doing what he really says he's doing in there and not faking it). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about any of this. It's soooooooo much better than what I was dealing with before. I'm just baffled by what brought on the sudden and dramatic change, not to mention how he's pulling this off physically. Maybe he really is the man of steel. . . complete with a robotic bodily fluid rationing system.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is hilarious!! What a change of attitude for Eli. LOL

Jim and Connie Jory said...

VERY bizarre - I don't get it. What are you feeding him??? :)
Did Jenae tell you we had a big discussion on Thanksgiving about personal bathroom habits, and it all began with your blog about Eli?? :)

Julianne said...

No, she did not but I'm sure it made for some appetizing dinner conversation! Hip hip hooray for potty training and how you get to talk about poop all the time. :)

Eliza said...

That is so funny! I don't know what I would think if Jacob did that.

Jenae and I think it's hilarious that we can so freely talk about poop and other potty related topics.