Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hooked on Santa


Bennett has been begging me to write a wish "list" for Santa. Apparently the Santa letters he wrote at school weren't good enough because he's been persistent with his requests. I softened my "too busy" Grinch's heart this morning--it IS Christmas Eve after all--and sat next to him while he wrote and stamped the list/letter above.

The whole sound-it-out spelling is just about the most adorable thing ever. Can you tell he's starting to experiment with punctuation? His commas look a little like backward C's and his "Batman car 'slash-dash' plane" takes a little figuring out. The budding speller ran out of gas with gar(bage) truck and proclaimed his arm too tired to continue. Fine by me. I had no idea he wanted some of this stuff! I'm afraid he will not be opening a box with a dog in it tomorrow or probably any Christmas in the near future. . .

2 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Dogs are FUN! You should try one.

Jen said...

SUCH a cute letter Julianne. What a sweet boy that Bennett is!