Follow-up to school post: Bennett reportedly "warmed up quickly" and was excited to show me what he had worked on that first day. During our walk home he revealed, "I was kind of quiet today, Mommy. I didn't talk to a lot of people because I was nervous." I told him I get nervous, too, when I go to new places and meet new people but to not worry because the more he goes the more comfortable he'll feel.
My favorite moment was when B came out of class the second day, saw Eli waiting and gave him the world's biggest hug. You'd think those two hadn't seen each other in weeks the way they embraced! Such a sweet and surprising little reunion between the typically-fighting-with-each-other brothers... if only it had lasted the rest of the day (or even the hour).
2 comments:
Glad he's adjusting to school. I wish I could see that hug on video. :)
Yeah, me too! Those are the kind of shots I want to remember, but sadly the baby was freaking out--ready to get home and eat--so I didn't have a chance to document it. Maybe next time.
Post a Comment