Monday, August 24, 2009

You break it, we fix it

It's as simple as night and day.
No problemo, if I say so
We'll fix it up right away.

Ah yes, the lyrics I've had stuck in my head thanks to 22 hours in the car with

this guy

and this guy
(Don't get me started on Rescue Pack or Looking out for Bobos or
You're Gonna Get Your Growl
, because I can sing them all.)

Why didn't we just bag the kids' music and listen to our own?
Believe me, we tried.

Bowie got the boot from crazy kids like these
who only seemed to settle down when their music/show came on.


This poor girl put up with her noisy brothers and their
get-stuck-in-your-head music and their full volume movies pretty darn well.

Here she is at our last rest stop:
"Wait, did you just say LAST rest stop? You mean I finally get to leave this van
and that infernal car seat you keep sticking me in?"

"Wahoo!"

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Julianne, she is so beautiful.

Heidi Lyn said...

So cute! Ju, your title has a lot more kids in it than I remember you having . . . did I miss something?

Julianne said...

Yes, Heidi, we adopted a few kids because three just wasn't challenging enough for us. :) Actually this is a cousins pic from our recent family gathering.

Jim and Connie Jory said...

Cousins and Aunt Kendra! :)
Love that pic....

Julianne said...

You're absolutely right, Connie. How could I forget that Little Aunt Kendra is not a cousin? (even if she is younger than several of her other nieces and nephews) We are such a modern family!

Paula's Place said...

These photos of little Amelia are REALLY cute - so you ARE a good photographer ... or, was that Stephen?
This little blouse is SO cute and just in style! :) Mom