Eli insisted on wearing his own backpack
His first of many walks to school to come
As we approached the school, B. wanted to walk behind me and all of sudden started saying that he was scared. I'm not sure if it was seeing all the kids arriving at the same time or seeing older, bigger kids for the first time or just plain nerves, but by the time we hit the classroom his fears had turned to one very grumpy attitude. He wouldn't even introduce himself to the cute kindergarten teacher waiting at the door to meet him. And check out this Oscar the Grouch face at what I thought was the cutest little desk:
Parents were invited to stay while the teacher read The Kissing Hand
(Bennett seemed to be relaxing a little bit)
(Bennett seemed to be relaxing a little bit)
Then came big tears from the little brother who wanted to stay at school. He kept asking me to take him to his classroom. "I don't want to leave school," he cried for about five minutes. This was going to be a long walk home. . .
Until the school's construction site saved the day. Hallelujah for growing
enrollment and adding more classrooms!
enrollment and adding more classrooms!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh Julianne! I can't believe his first day is already today!! Where is his huge bag of supplies? :) The grumpy face at his new desk is definitely a classic. Thanks also for the photo at the top with Justin and the kids - a fun and beautiful picture! We'll be sharing ours from Costco soon....
You'll have to let us know what he says when he gets home. If the grumpy attitude finally faded and he had fun or if it was overwhelming the whole day.
Thank goodness for the constructions site for sure. I notice Eli lost his backpack by then. Good thing you have a stroller.
How exciting for the whole family! Nina has been in school for about a month now and I am finally relaxing a bit. I never expected to feel this way, but for about three weeks I seriously considered homeschooling because she just seemed too much of a big girl to be going to kindergarten. But she loves it so much. The first one is hard- everything new for everyone. Can't wait to hear more!
That photo of Bennett is fabulous- Poor kid will be mortified by it in another ten years. Lol.
Oh, Bennett, the kindergartner. What a big kid.
Jules, I can't believe you have a child old enough to go to school. Time flies! I hope his day went better and that his teacher won him over by the end of the day. I'm sure he'll adjust fast since he was so excited to go in the first place.
Love ya.
Post a Comment