Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boys of Summer
























































Don't worry, there are plenty of Alaska pix to come. Just wanted to clear these summer shots off my camera once and for all, before I accidentally delete them. And, yes, Eli is riding a scooter at age one. I'm probably the worst mother in the world for letting him do it sans helmet and constant parental supervision, but there's pretty much no stopping this kid. He does what he sees the other kids, especially big bro Benito, doing. It doesn't help that he's about the most determined, aka stubborn, child I know, either.

These photos show three of Eli's passions: scooters, swings, and sweeping (my parallelism is seriously lacking these days). If he's doing any one of these things, he's bound to be happy. Also notice his long locks, which are even longer now, two months later. He has such different hair than B. ever had--fine, soft, BLOND--and I just can't bear to cut it. It's never the same after that first haircut, which is why I'm trying ride out this whole "surfer look" as long as I can. I wish he could keep those baby locks forever... but I vowed that as soon as his hair grew long enough to get into his eyes I would cut it, which means I'm about out of time. Sniff, sniff.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

You could always just trim his bangs you know. No reason to lob all of it off. I'm a sucker for boys with long hair.

Paula's Place said...

I LOVE his gorgeous locks! I remember how I caved into social norms and cut off Justin's curly blond locks when he was Eli's age -- I regretted it SO much after doing it. So, enjoy.... enjoy..... and, as long as he can see, don't worry..... Mom :)

Annelise Kimball said...

What cute little wispy curls. I don't think I could do it either. Both your boys are adorable!

Unknown said...

I love his "passions"! what cute little boys you have.