








Bennett turned four yesterday and since spending half the day at church isn't really any kid's birthday dream, we tried to make the rest of his day as fun as possible. The day began with M&M pancakes and a new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD, courtesy of Granddad and Connie, which kept both boys entertained until church. Benito decided to make a big b-day splash during Primary program rehearsal by almost giving himself a concussion: he climbed up on the wooden wall (you know the one the sunbeams always stand behind to sing) next to the podium and then fell backwards and hit his head on one of the seats. So much for one year wiser, I suppose.
Later that day came a family dinner and party with Grandma, Grandpa, Kymber and Kristi, who all graciously pitched in to clean up our disaster of a house. After some yummy food and fun family phone calls, the birthday boy was ready for presents. Grandparents and aunts alike spoiled him with all the things he loves, things he's trying so hard not to let his curious little brother play with. Then came the big Mommy & Daddy present we've been hiding out in storage for the past two weeks, the bright green bike. After a few slow rides across the living room carpet, Bennett made his way outside for the faster pavement and a maiden voyage in the dark. Happy as clams were he and Eli, who attempted to keep up on his scooter, as they rode around and around the backyard. In fact, they were out there before even eight this morning, 'jamas and all, for more bike and scooter and action.
p.s. Yes, that's Eli wearing my church shoes yesterday. Not really birthday related, but just couldn't resist.
6 comments:
Thanks for the pics!
How fun that you have a 4 year old!! Bikes are the best. My kids would ride forever if I let them. The problem is that they go too far.
Benito looks more than ecstatic on his bike, he has the most genuine look of bliss on his face as he rides that bike, what a hit! Sounds like a fabulous bday for the little man!
Julianne,
Do you remember me from the financial aid BYU days? Pinky told me you were on here. It is so good to see you. It looks like you are doing so well. Your kids are so cute.
I just got married in 2007 and had a baby girl in Sept! I love being a mom. I have a blog as well. We will have to keep in touch.
http://www.themillermanor.blogspot.com
I can't believe he's four! How fun.
Yay Benito! I agree with Jenae, he looks SO HAPPY on that bike! I'm glad he had such a great day...
Post a Comment