Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Family Photos
















I'm ashamed to say that I have never had professional photos taken of my children or our little family of four. Negligent parenting, I know. Add it to the ever-growing list of things that wrack me with guilt. Thankfully, however, there are people in my life who can save me from even myself. Meghan Macaskill, friend and talented photographer, overheard me saying this one day at the park and offered to take some shots of the boys. One of her favorite shooting locations happens to be Stanford, so we met Stephen at work last Friday and took a lovely stroll around campus for some even lovelier shots of the boys/us. She did such an amazing job with two of the squirmiest children in the world. By some miracle she even got them to look at the camera and smile!

For the rest of the shoot, go here.

14 comments:

kenders said...

So adorable!! Worth all the time and effort. I have too many favorites, I don't think I can even pick one. She did a great job! Thanks for sharing them with us! :)

P.S. You better start praying hard if you want us closer!! :) Me too for that matter! ;) Joseph turns in Stanford's application next week!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! To have her shoot the pictures at Stanford turned out to be a great idea. The pictures definitely caught the boys being themselves.Great pictures of the four of you too.Grandma and Grandpa G enjoyed seeing all of the pictures.

Nancy said...

SO CUTE! It is so fun to keep up with your blog and see you and your boys and your Alaskan cruises! The big lollipops were my favorite part. What cute, cute boys!

Jenae said...

Jul,AMAZING photos! I am so glad you got them done! Can I come and have our familiy photos taken by her, your photographer did an awesome job. The photos truly capture all of your personalities.

Alisa said...

Wow. Meghan did an awesome job. I'll definitely have to keep her in mind when we think of family photos.

Kim said...

I love the pictures, especially the giant lollipop one!

Unknown said...

those are some great pictures. you will be so glad you have them.

that is something i am horrible at. . scheduling photos. we are way overdue and i have a family of 6!

Paula's Place said...

Hi sweetie ! What a fantastic photo shoot - there were so many that I REALLY love! Wow... I'm wondering if she uses a Canon Rebel or XSI..... I wish you'd ask her for me - it really looked to me like that's what she may have used.... I gave feedback on lots of photos on her site.... :) Way to go! Mom

Meghan said...

Hi Paula,

Thanks for the high praise! I actually shoot with a Canon 1D Mark III. I'm so happy you like them so much!

-Meghan (the photographer)

Heidi Lyn said...

Ju, these pictures are awesome! Not only are they beautifully shot, but they absolutely capture the spirit of the Geddes family.

aj said...

so sweet...thanks for sharing the pictures, it makes me sad that we don't live close by to have our boys playing together....more reunions please!!!
xoxo
ang

Nanon said...

Those are great! I love to see how big your boys are getting!

Jim and Connie Jory said...

WOW! Amazing shots. Thanks so much. We would love to have one of the family shots enlarged and framed -- Christmas suggestion maybe??? :)

Jim and Connie Jory said...

OK, after looking at these one more time (and sharing with all my coworkers..) we are all in agreement you HAVE to submit some of these to a magazine or something! The one where Bennett is trying to lick Eli's lollipop is priceless!!