Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Oooo Oooo!"



It's not even eight in the morning, and Eli is chugging along with his "-rain" and "-rain -racks" as he so t-lessly yet lovingly calls them. This kid is big into trains these days. Having a father who rides one to work every day doesn't seem to help matters, either. We had just returned from dropping off Stephen at the train station this day (thus the sweatshirt over the pajamas), where Eli had hollered, "Daaaaaaaaaddy!! Raaaaaaaaaaaain!!" at Stephen's surely-mortified back as he and all the other commuters' early morning, newspaper-reading platform peace was shattered by our son's realization that he would not be riding the train or even getting out of the car. Thankfully his play trains are there for him when the real ones, and his cruel parents, let him down.



Water bottles aren't so bad, either, although he sure does gross us out my friends when he visibly backwashes into my water bottle at the park. He's lucky they still share their pretzels and goldfish with him, not that he bothers to ask them or anything. I'm sure people wonder if I feed either of my children, the way they shamelessly mooch off of everyone else's food at the park. The snacks I bring never seem to stack up to what their friends are eating, and I guess Depeche Mode said it right: "Grabbing hands grab all they can."



3 comments:

Jenae said...

I am impressed your child will leave the tracks down, I can't wait til Ethan will peacefully scoot his train along the tracks, for now he just chucks the tracks all over the living room. Eli's mane sure is growing! You should take a pony tail photo for us! ;)

Anonymous said...

That's funny that Jenae mentioned Eli's hair...I was thinking that it might be longer than Lilly's.
It takes forever for my kids hair to grow.

Our uncle Blair hasn't outgrown trains (he works for the railroad)...so you never know how long Eli's train phase will last!
(You should take Eli up to the Train museum in Old Town Sacramento...Grandpa would probably love that, too)

He can have some "Thomas" dvds if I can get them out of the house past my kids. They don't miss things until I try to get rid of them! LOL

Jim and Connie Jory said...

Eli has changed so much! My gosh, look at those eyes -- and I love his hair! It reminds me of Brett's when he was little before it was ever cut (a little darker though!) :)