Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our own little Pigpen

Remember this kid from Charlie Brown?

We hadn't thought about him in a while either



Until we went camping a few weeks ago, that is


So giving, isn't she?


Our litte nature girl

I'm not sure why we even bothered throwing down tarps at all


Can you see the cloud?
Despite one very filthy crawler, we had a great time camping. Here's a recap by the numbers:
Seven kids,
four parents,
three tents,
two pack-n-plays,
thirty s'mores,
eleven hoodies,
several stories 'round the fire,
one burning blob of marshmallows on a stick,
lots of scenic views,
nine cups of hot chocolate,
a lot of happy campers.

Hugs from tired, little Pigpen

Colette and Eli playing in the tent

Abigail and Bennett washing up

Stephen telling stories to the kids
For a more thorough and well-written summary, visit Laura and Joel's blog.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love your blog post! Now, let's get another camping trip up so we can see who has the best post next time :)

Annelise Kimball said...

I love it! That is how camping always seems to be with little kids. They all turn into little "Pig Pens", but most especially the toddler!

Annelise Kimball said...

I love it! That is how camping always seems to be with little kids. They all turn into little "Pig Pens", but most especially the toddler!