School will be back in less than two weeks. Crazy. Could the summer have gone any faster? And yet, I'm wishing I'd enjoyed it a little more while it was here. I was so busy yelling at my boys to stop fighting, shoving chore charts down their throats, and hurrying to get them to swim lessons on time, that I didn't relish the luxury of lazy mornings and uninterrupted afternoon naps like I should have. It's only now that the realities of daily school life are looming large that I'm appreciating the freedom of the past few months.
As I think about the start of a new school year, I also realize that I haven't even blogged about the end of the last school year. In my waxing nostalgic for a summer that hasn't even ended yet, allow me to wax nostalgic for B's salad days of kindergarten.
Some day I'll get my act together. I'll blog on time. I'll enjoy the moment. I'll take better pictures. I hope.
Waiting yet again, since they had to race down every sidewalk
between our house and the school
2 comments:
Way to document it!!! So cute of the kids, fun to see them in their daily routine (I especially love Eli's get-up!!).
Wow - he'll be a 1st grader! Can't believe it's back to school time already (although we have a little longer to wait than you!)
Post a Comment