Sunday, August 1, 2010

Second heat

We were lucky enough to have lots of family come visit us during the month of July. It's a little harder to get up to Seattle or out to Utah the way we used to, so their coming to see us this year was much appreciated. The kids were positively spoiled with attention and fun from their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Those first few weeks of summer proved harder than I thought, adjusting to the lack of any real routine and having all three kids all day long.

Our first welcome visitor was Solana, as mentioned in a previous post. The next week brought Aunt Kendra and Uncle Joseph, who are thrilled to be expecting twins at the end of the year. The boys finally caught a glimpse of "the babies in Aunt Kendra's tummy," whom they've been praying for the past few months, and we happily passed along all the maternity clothes and baby gear/clothes. Kendra brought us a bevy of wonderful kids' books that she saved from her classroom, books that have spiced up the kids' bookshelf quite nicely. Do you get sick of your kids' books as fast as I do? New books = happy bedtime readers (aka Mom & Dad).

Anyway, besides swapping books and baby stuff, we took it easy for the most part and just hung out together. Per tradition, we got in some quality Wii time--Joseph gave the boys some much-needed tutorials on Lego Batman and Lego Starwars--and even played a bit of bocce at Cuesta Park. We also got in some games, most notably Kymber's newly-purchased German card game, Ligretto, and of course lots of eating and talking. I almost forgot that we spent an afternoon over at Shoreline, flying kites, picnicking, watching wind surfers, and dodging duck poop. Thanks to Kendra's blog and photos, from which I shamelessly stole the pix on this post, I was reminded of our outing.

Grandpa, Joseph & boys skipping rocks at Shoreline

Uncle Joseph helping B with his kite


Benito beating us at bocce ball

Soon-to-be parents, Kendra and Joseph

3 comments:

Kendra said...

You write it so beautifully Ju!! So as the photographer I get 50% of the profits right? lol :)

Julianne said...

Oops, meant to mention that these photos are yours. I'll edit to give your blog props (and of course a cut in the gobs of $ our blog earns us)!

Kendra said...

Lol ;) it's all good. I'm sure I've borrowed some of your pics too! I just thought it was funny. How about I give u all of my pictures and you make the books for me?! Ur a much better author!