It's funny how growing up I never felt all that close to my sisters. I'm a middle child, sandwiched between two brothers, so there's a good five or six year difference between me and my two sisters. We were at such different ages through all the childhood and teenage stuff that it wasn't until we were adults that I really got to know them. Looking back over the past fifteen years, however, I realize just how much my sisters have supported me, just how many fun times I've shared with them, and just how much their friendship means to me.
As much as I love my sisters, however, there's one thing I really can't stand about them. Hate, hate, hate it, in fact. How far away they live!
We get to see each other maybe once a year, and even then we're so busy being on vacation, taking care of our own kids, and trying to visit with all the family that's gathered that I don't feel like I get much quality sister time these days. So.... when little sister, Jenae, told me she was flying out to visit me, I was ecstatic to spend time with her and her not-so-little lap baby, Chase, who's a few months older than Millie.
Needless to say, we had a great time hanging out together, no iteneraries to follow or places to be. Just two sisters catching up. And laughing, eating, playing cards, watching Austen flicks, eating, taking the kids to parks, driving around, eating, napping, playing, eating. Can you tell we share some common interests?
As much as I love my sisters, however, there's one thing I really can't stand about them. Hate, hate, hate it, in fact. How far away they live!
We get to see each other maybe once a year, and even then we're so busy being on vacation, taking care of our own kids, and trying to visit with all the family that's gathered that I don't feel like I get much quality sister time these days. So.... when little sister, Jenae, told me she was flying out to visit me, I was ecstatic to spend time with her and her not-so-little lap baby, Chase, who's a few months older than Millie.
Needless to say, we had a great time hanging out together, no iteneraries to follow or places to be. Just two sisters catching up. And laughing, eating, playing cards, watching Austen flicks, eating, taking the kids to parks, driving around, eating, napping, playing, eating. Can you tell we share some common interests?
2 comments:
Yay for sisters! You guys look so cute and I love seeing your little ones together. . .
Cute post Jul - you are awesome sisters and moms!! :)
Post a Comment