How do I know I'm ready for the next season?
1. The mere jingle of the ice cream truck coming down our cul-de-sac makes even me giddy, and before you know it I'm buying Teenage Turtle popsicles for my kids (well, minus Millie, who looks more than a little jealous...) for no other reason than it's a nice day.
2. I almost started skipping, no joke, on the walk to pick up Benito from school today. Sunshine, blue skies, mid-sixties, no jacket, no socks. Don't those things make you want to skip on a Monday afternoon?
3. I find any excuse possible to hang out in the backyard. Some of today's excuses included folding laundry, pushing the baby in the swing, getting out the bubble machine for Eli, reading a book, upping my vitamin D (or is it K? I never can remember), sweeping some bark, pulling a few weeds, giving the kids snacks, putting away strollers, organizing storage, etc.
4. Last-minute dinner decision to grill some pork chops outdoors rather than make minestrone indoors.
5. Half the windows in the house are open.
6. Popcorn trees are popping, and making the air smell divine, everywhere I turn.
7. Everyone's in a good mood. At the same time!
8. I come home to find my husband gardening at 9:45 at night.
Welcome, welcome, vernal equinox!

4 comments:
So fun! It was a nice sunny day up here too...It's awesome when you first realize that you're outside WITHOUT a jacket and you're not freezing or wet!
So fun to see the kiddos in that picture! Made me realize I forgot to throw some jean patches in the box...I bought a bunch and T has suddenly decided he doesn't like them anymore...oh well, it was good while it lasted.
I AM JEALOUS. I walked with thick boots and a winter coat in 32 degree freezing weather with sleet/snow whipping at my face this morning.
I feel ya!! I cleaned out my car today just to be outside. The kids rode their scooters and bikes around. So nice!!
But, umm... you fold your laundry outside?
Yes, Laura, sadly our laundry is OUTside our house, about ten steps from our back door and right next to the backyard. Makes folding laundry outdoors rather convenient. The does sound kinda weird, though doesn't it?
Post a Comment