Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Big Brothers





Amidst all the craziness of the first few days home, we did happen to catch a few photos of the boys with Amelia. Eli has been riding the roller-coaster of love and hate with his new baby sister. Our first day home he repeated over and over, "I don't like the baby" only to hold her gently in these photos the next day. It all seems to depend on his mood, whose swings have been pretty dramatic since Millie showed up.

Bennett is pure adoration and fascination as he constantly wants to see what "Millie Tillie," as he calls her, is doing, even if that means watching her sleep. He softly strokes her face, gives her kisses, talks to her, plays her musical toys for her, and encourages her to eat or sleep or burp. Benito's also astounded by how many diapers his baby sister goes through in one day. "Another poopy diaper?!" he'll exclaim every time he sees me changing her.

Eli is also curious and asks, "Where's the baby?" every time he sees me, but his interest ends there. Our biggest challenge with child #2 is teaching him the physical boundaries of a newborn baby and why he can't do somersaults and flips over or around her. I caught him playing drums on her tummy the other day, which made me realize it could be months before I can let this baby leave my sight.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

How fun! I love the pink outfit and the cute older brothers. Congratulations to you and a warm welcome to DARLING Amelia!

Jen said...

I remember when Eli was born -- you telling me that you had to pull him in the bathroom with you while you showered to save him from his big brother. Now, the tables have turned. :)

Love that little newborn face!

kenders said...

That is so precious that Bennett is being so sweet. I can't wait to see them in action. We're excited to see you!

Denita said...

Oh, it's not so bad. Before too long she'll be old news and Eli won't even notice her. The pictures are so cute!

mdotr said...

Those pictures are great! Nice sunlight coming through. "Millie Tillie", what a great line from Bennett. They all look great!