Saturday, June 13, 2009

After Shots

These shots have been a long time coming, but I had to wait for the finishing touch--the little garden flowers that my mom oil-painted and brought to town with her. Since Millie's room is right next to the garden and her walls get some very Zen afternoon shadows from the trees and plants outside her window, the flowers seemed fitting. With Stephen's support of this project minimal (it's all superfluous in his pragmatic mind), I tried to spend as little dinero as possible. Thankfully, pretty much everything in here falls under the three G's: given to us second-hand, gifted to us, or gathered at Goodwill.


Three generations


Grandma Paula and the rambunctious boys she cared for this week

New paint job


Flowers and more flowers


Formerly blue stars turned pink and green


I should've taken this one earlier in the day


$2 Goodwill lamp with a new paint job & some pinned flowers
and a formerly mauve stand spray-painted white


Aunt Jenae sent this cute potting plant, and my mom filled the frames with her photos

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all - you look AMAZING. Way to go. The nursery is darling. And I loved seeing your mom. It has been way too long.

kenders said...

Looks great! Your mom did a great job on the paintings as well.

Atzimba said...

Congratulations!!! It looks really great.
But you guys look so good. You look super great Julianne!
I love how you call your girl Millie, it's adorable.

Heidi Lyn said...

Gorgeous . . . all of you, Millie's room and the creative extra touches.
Isn't it nice to have a girlie space?

Jenae said...

Awesome job on the nursery! love love LOVE it!! okay sister, are you sure you had a baby just under a few weeks ago?! You look awesome!So you ARE calling her Millie after all?! I thought that was taboo...