Stephen couldn't join me today at the ultrasound, so I decided to surprise him with the results by showing up at his office with the boys dressed like this:
Don't tell Molly--this is the first time they've ever worn this color, (Thanks, Laura, for letting me borrow the t-shirts, although sadly, I couldn't quite convince Bennett to wear the pink, jeweled, princess pants) but they might as well get warmed up to it now because they'll be seeing a lot more of it come June 4th! We have officially broken the Jory chain of male grandsons: we've had six boys in a row with Justin's two, our two, and Jenae's soon-to-be two. Needless to say there are some very excited grandparents and aunts and cousins out there.
After our little Pretty in Pink surprise we headed over to The Counter in Palo Alto for some gourmet burgers and yummy shakes--in the spirit of pink I ordered strawberry--to celebrate the big news.
p.s. Just found this article and had to chuckle at this rapper being forced to wear pink!
DMX Adopts Pink Prison Wardrobe
Looks like Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio has come up with the cure for DMX's addiction to jail. The hip-hop star and repeat offender, like all of Arpaio's other inmates in the Maricopa county jail, must wear pink t-shirts, underwear and socks.
The girlie wardrobe colors caught DMX by surprise. "This is ridiculous, this is disrespectful," DMX said with a sarcastic laugh during an interview with My Fox Phoenix. "Why the pink?"
Arpaio told Fox & Friends he has had the pink policy in place for 10 years with success. He said the inmates were stealing the white underwear so he dyed them pink.
According to Arpaio, DMX is serving time for charges of animal cruelty, drugs and fraud. Arpaio did not express any sympathy for the hardcore rapper, adding, that jail was not supposed to be fun.
DMX misses the good ole days. "This is not where I want to be man," DMX said. "It used to be, I'll go there, I'll be the life of the party, and ... it's nothing."
Requiring male prisoners to wear pink undergarments is emasculating, but listening to DMX talk about going to jail as if it is a hangout spot is not fine either.
Maybe Cam'ron can give X a pep talk. Cam'ron and other Harlem MCs have always been fine with the springtime pastel color.



21 comments:
Ahhh! I am so super excited. That is so fun. Hooray. And I love how you shared the news.
You would LOVE having a little girl around. They are fun in so many ways. congrats!
YYYYAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!!!!
HOW E-X-C-I-T-I-NG!!!!!!!!
We're SO excited for you! Yay!! Now comes some very exciting things: a girl name, a girl nursery and GIRL ACCESSORIES!!! (Can you tell that the accessories are the one thing I wish I had a reason to buy?!)
Not to mention the (I'm sure) sweet and cute little girl that will have such fun older brothers. How fun!
Yay!! Ashlyn and I are so excited to start a quilt...
So glad you weren't storing the girly hand-me-downs for nothing!
(Sorry I gave away all the practical day-to-day stuff and you just got all the ultra cute favorites...ie mostly dresses)
Are you gonna go all pink or
just girly stuff in all colors (decorating/clothes-wise)?
You're Welcome- and don't forget I already called dibs on the baby shower- Pink Explosion!!! Yipeee!!!
I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS! Their something about having a girl in the house ... a kindred spirit of sorts ... someone to remember things for because you know someday she'll be going through what you are going through ... I'm amazed how Ruby is such a girly-girl... it's SOOOO refreshing after two boys! I'm exited for you!
Congratulations! I love the Pretty in Pink on the boys, especially the gathering on Eli's sleeves.
I don't have a blog but would love to get back in touch.
We are so excited for you! Congratulations again!! We have two girls for your two boys and a little boy for your girl!! Ha, ha.
justin told me last night.....I am soooooo excited for you!!! can't wait to see her (and the boys) this summer!!! Love you guys!!
no way!!! i'm shocked! i thought for sure it was impossible for people with all boys to conceive a girl... you bring me hope for a future day. :) congrats you guys, that's totally awesome!
Yaaaaay! Our babies can be friends:) I hope Stephen knows how much shopping will be going on for the next 18 or so years:).
What a fun idea! That's so exciting! Congratulations!
~Amy Robinson
Yeah Ju!!! I'm SO excited for you to have a sweet, little girl!!!! Bennett and Eli are going to love it!
Congrats! Any names picked out yet?
Yay!!!! It's time for a girl. How fabulous.
Congrats!!! I am so excited for you!
YES!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. So exiting! Muchas felicidades!
Thanks for you comments too on our blog, it's always fun to hear from you. You are missed.
That was totally my guess! Wahoo! Go Pink!
And I'm totally clipping that article for my next color theory class. . . hilarious.
Awww, congrats!!! I love girls!!
i love the pink shirts! a huge congrats to you
Post a Comment