Monday, January 5, 2009

Home for Christmas

 


As fun as it is to travel for the holidays, the cozy comfort of being in your own house is pretty darn great too. I mean, how can you beat staying in your pajamas literally ALL day? Stephen's parents and sisters were willing to come hang at our place this year for Christmas Eve and Christmas day (one sister even stayed the night to Bennett's happy delight!), and we had fun planning the holiday menu.

Christmas Eve Dinner: Tamales, Spinach Salad with Grapefruit & Avacado, Beans and Rice, Grapes (a la Guatemalan Christmas Eve tradition), Fresh Sugar Cookies

Christmas Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole, Roasted Potatoes, Orange Pull-aparts, Pink Lassies

Quick Christmas Lunch/Dinner: Left-over Pesto Minestrone Soup & Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Grilled Cheese and Salad

After the boys completely overstimulated themselves with all their new toys, we threw them in their beds for naps and played games all afternoon with Mom, Dad & Kymber. We laughed and ate and forgot all about Christmas love and charity as we showed no mercy for one another with the new board games. I love how Stephen's family is just as competitive as mine. You play to win.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Joseph said...

Ahh, good times. Whenever we visit one side of the family I always miss visiting the other side.

And... what the heck is a pink lassy anyways?!?

Pinky Homer said...

Julianne, I'm jealous for the Guatemalan breakfast. I actually went to a Guatemalan restaurant the other day and loved it! But I'm sure missing tamales negros now. I don't know if you ever had them when you were there for Christmas but that's the one traditional food I miss the most. The good news is that we are going to Guate in March when Julio gets back! SO EXCITED! Want anything? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice

Stephen said...

A pink lassy is a Christmas tradition that my stepmom Connie brought to our family: vanilla ice cream, cranberry juice, orange juice all thrown in the blender. Stir it with a small candycane.

Camelia Bradshaw said...

Yey for blog finding indeed. Your family is super cute.
I see that you are friends with Alisa. We go way back, before she was married. How time flies. It would be fun to get together sometime.