



Man, do I miss playing tennis... Going to watch the Bank of West Tennis Classic up at Stanford certainly didn't help matters either. Stephen works right across from the tennis courts and made the most of his free tickets (and lunch hours) by watching a lot of matches. We went to one night match together and watched Aussie Samantha Stosur, who qualified for the tournament only thanks to Lindsey Davenport's knee injury, upset the #3 seed, Russian Vera Zvonareva. Such a fun match. And while we didn't get to see Serena Williams in action--she played the night before and then withdrew for a knee injury--we DID get to sit behind her dad. Good ole Richard Williams sat only a few rows in front of us with what I thought was another one of his daughters; she couldn't have been over 25 or 30. As the match progressed, however, I noticed that the way he had his arm around her was a little too much like canoodling... Stephen just laughed and called her his hoochie mama.Quick sidenote on how much I like Samantha Stosur after seeing her play. Not only is she Aussie fiesty, which I always love in tennis, but she has an incredible serve that earned her at least ten to fifteen aces. Her forehand rocks--she kept hitting right-on-the-line winners with it--and she has a beautiful backhand slice that wore down that little Russian teenager's topspin like I couldn't believe. I'm not sure if the photos do her justice, but can you see the guns on her? Holy shoulder and arm muscles, Batman! And her outfit was so dang cute. Love the cut and color of the top, especially with the small and subtle flares on the bottom of her skirt, and my favorite part--the little black belt that you only see when she serves or hits a high shot.
4 comments:
How fun! The first thing I noticed was that girls arms. I wish I was willing to put in the work to get that look.
Next time we'll have to come out for vacation during that time! I would love to see any of those matches. :)
PS: I can't believe you sat behind Serena's dad!! That's awesome and I would have liked to see the scandalous action.
Cool!!! I'm super jealous! Me, too, I'm dying to start playing again! I'm tempted to put out an ad in this little burg and say I'm looking for a tennis teacher. I am SO BAD now - I can't believe I used to play in Intermediate tournaments and that I actually won a tennis tournament at your dad's law firm! When my grandson wins 3 games off of me and he's never played? HELLO! Something is dreadfully wrong here!!!! Augh!
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment