

If you haven't heard,"Masterpiece Theater" has had a makeover. No more old men smoking wooden pipes in stuffy libraries full of Hawthorne and Melville. Now Gillian Anderson (aka Scully from "X Files") hosts, red locks aflame, as she introduces "Masterpiece's"-- note the new name--brand new series called The Complete Jane Austen. They've aired Persuasion, my personal favorite so far (check out Anne Elliott and smoldering Captain Wentworth above), Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, and tonight they show Miss Austen Regrets about Jane Austen's life. Sunday nights, 9 pm, PBS.
4 comments:
I have been recording this but have not watched them yet. I can't wait. Last night I skipped the super bowl and watched Sense and Sensibility. It made me happy. I love it when Emma Thompson starts sobbing at the end.
But, if I had your foundue - I think I would have stayed around the super bowl party. Sounds so yummy.
I am going to try to watch it sometime. I think once I do I will be hooked.
julianne - check out my blog - i put a little birthday tribute to you there!! Happy Day!!
I LOVED Persuasion - it was SOO good - the understated acting of the heroine really played out in the end! It was terrific!
Hey, are you staying tuned in to Lost? Whoa! U never know what is going to happen! :D Mom
Post a Comment