



This is the cake shop of my heart. When I lived in Los Gatos and within mere walking distance of Icing, I would indulge on a monthly (okay, sometimes weekly) basis. Now it's an annual indulgence that makes turning thirty-COUGH! more than worth it. February 7th can't come soon enough with Chocolate Buttermilk and Chunky Carrot Cake on the horizon. Their cookies rock the Casbah too: Coconut Cashew Chunk, Snicker- and Crandoodles, Triple Chocolate, Creme-filled Sandwich Cookies and Lemon Cremes, to name a few. Oh, and their cupcakes! How could I forget? Bennett loves their classics, I love their Rocky Road, Pink Peppermint Patti's, and creme-filled Swirly Cakes. As Benito said on the way home yesterday, "I think you should have lots of birthdays, Mommy."
5 comments:
Happy Birthday!!
I'm insanely jealous. I dream of their lemon pound cake! Oh the Los Gatos days (insert wisful sigh). I hope you had an amazing birthday. I'm sad we didn't get to chat, but soon!
Happy belated birthday!!! Sorry we missed it...I always think it's in November for some weird reason. Hope it was good. :)
Yummm! I am so glad you had such a wonderful bday. I definitely want to go to Icing the next time we are down there (whenever that may be?).
I just CAN't STAND IT! I remember how much I love Los Gatos and that bakery. I went to a french bakery in Durango last Sat. that was totally laughable - not anywhere close to the real thing.
Seeing your photos and remembering that fabulous little bakery make me salivate - Pablov would have loved me :) I better plan to get back there sooner than later!
Mom
Post a Comment