




Bennett was all concern on "Christmas Eve"--we celebrated about three days early since we were heading up to Seattle--about how Santa was going to fit down our chimney. He kept trying to look up the fireplace to make sure Santa would have room to come down, and then he tells me, "Mom, be sure to put water on the fire so that Santa's bottom doesn't burn," even though there was no fire burning at the time.
And speaking of booty, I really felt like I had done the bare minimum for gifts this year... but once it was all opened and sitting there in our living room, it seemed like a lot. A lot of loot.
p.s. Benito truly is my child in that photo with the scooter. I can't tell you how many shots were taken of me on Christmas morning JUST like that one: the closed eyes, the half smile, the "Do I really have to do this?" look. It's all so familiar.
2 comments:
I love kids' honest concern about things like Santa getting hurt. :)
Uh huh! Do I ever remember trying to take all of those pictures with that half smile! Ha! I wouldn't have missed those times for anything! Mom
And, that was too cute about Bennett worrying about Santa burning his bottom. Cute!
Post a Comment