







The second we put our tree up we were busy barricading it off from Senor Travieso (troublemaker, aka Eli), sure he'd be pulling the whole tree over with his freakish baby strength. Considering that he gets into pretty much EVERYthing else he's not supposed to, I think both Stephen and I had visions of his inevitable tannenbaum mischief: tugging on branches, snapping beloved ornaments in two, unplugging the lights and/or trying to eat the individual twinkle lights, and generally wrecking the whole tree. Hence the wall of furniture and boxes to keep Godzilla out. Not exactly the kind of holiday feng shui I would've liked... but oh well. How surprised were we, then, to find our little destroyer displaying a rare moment of gentility as he carefully tried to place an ornament on the tree? No one knows how he weaseled through the barricade, but once we was through all he did was take a little Elmo ornament off the tree and then gently try to put it back on, and back on, and back on again. He didn't want to kill the tree afterall; he just wanted to do what we were doing--decorate it.
The other un-Christmas tree shots are from a live nativity we went to Saturday night, complete with live camels, sheep, and donkeys; Roman soldiers that were "mean and grumpy", according to Bennett; shepherds and wisemen, and of course the live manger scene with Mary, Joseph, and a real newborn babe. A local Baptist church put it on and attracted quite the crowd.
5 comments:
Good job on the tree!! Yeah!!! That is hilarious about Eli with the Elmo ornament, just goes to show that kids would probably be more gentle with the ornaments if they were all something they loved like Sesame Street or Dora.
I hope your tree makes it!
Hey, actually seems like a recipe I can do! Yay! Just have to buy molasses. And I'm so happy you had time to post!!! Thanks for the pics...they're great!
Julianne!!!! I got your Christmas card a few days ago and just now checked out your ENTIRE website. It is awesome! I could see Eli and Bennet grow right before my eyes. You all seem so happy. I am glad to see that you moved into a bigger place (and also glad you sent your card before me!) I see a few similarities between yours and mine. Nina is easy going and a great big sibling. Maya, on the other hand, is noisy and anything but easy going! I think your hands are fuller than mine though! At 11 months Maya is still not walking. She has taken one step three times, but thinks that crawling is better. Fine by me! Happy Birthday to Eli tomorrow! Wish we were there to help celebrate!!!
Happy Birthday Eli!!! I can't believe he's one already!
What a cutie!!! The tree looks great and you've got a fireplace now!!
Post a Comment