Sunday, October 21, 2007

uno, dos, TRES!







Benito turned three years old on Friday and then celebrated with friends and family at his birthday party yesterday. We gave him creative control (what were we thinking?) of the shindig, which meant a dozen friends, a cars theme, and an obscenely white trash menu consisting of hot dogs, cheetos, orange pop, etc.. The kids could've cared less, however; they were all about the games, the presents, and the cake. This is the first year that Bennett has fully understood how a birthday works, and it was fun to see him get so excited about everything. From the invitations to the party favors to the color of the cake, the birthday boy was eager to help. I'm not sure we'll give him as much input in the future . . . (at least not on the food), and I'm already dreading having to tell him next year that he only gets parties every other year . . . but for this year, good times were had.

6 comments:

Jenae said...

Looks like Benito's bash was a blast!! I wish I could have been there to eat an Oreo off that cake and play some good ole' Red Rover!!! Is that your grass space in the back, I am assuming, it looks great! You guys did a wonderful job, congrats surviving your first child birthday party. In the pic of Bennett w/ Grpa Geddes, I noticed his teethy grin looked awfully familiar from some of your childhood photos Jul! :)

Stephen said...

That's funny about the grin! I hadn't noticed, but you're absolutely right: I had that same cheezy smile.

kenders said...

Where did you find your blog background? Was it that place that starts with a p? I can't remember the name, but it looks familiar. I'm dying to have another Halloween one, but not yours of course. :)

kenders said...

By the way, it looks great!

Stephen said...

Yeah, see the top of our blog, where pyzam is now conspicuously advertised. I'm not sure if I like it or not... the photos aren't as clear with the design backgrounds...

kenders said...

Gotcha...changing the background again huh? You sound like me. I really hope I can find a really great place that I like for the blog background. It's kind of hard searching for it when you think it would be easy. I think cuz I want a FREE one. :)