Day 3--
More Times Square fun--Japanese food, chocolate shops
Broadway show, "Mary Poppins" (phenomenal)
Walking around SoHo
Dinner in Little Italy
Rockefeller Center
More Times Square fun--Japanese food, chocolate shops
Broadway show, "Mary Poppins" (phenomenal)
Walking around SoHo
Dinner in Little Italy
Rockefeller Center



Day 4--
Church at the Manhattan Temple
Sunday stroll through Central Park
Metropolitan Museum of Art
East side and Pio Pio for dinner
Church at the Manhattan Temple
Sunday stroll through Central Park
Metropolitan Museum of Art
East side and Pio Pio for dinner
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
Greenwich Village
Saint Patrick's Cathedral
The long-awaited Buttercup Bakery cupcakes
The Guggenheim Museum of modern art


Greenwich Village
Saint Patrick's Cathedral
The long-awaited Buttercup Bakery cupcakes
The Guggenheim Museum of modern art





What happened to Day 2? I just realized that I skipped it . . . or lost it in the time change or something. Anyway, the trip was awesome, a well-timed reminder that there is more to me than changing diapers and playing cars. As much as I love doing both of those things (only because they're extensions of my kids... I hope nobody loves diapers), it was so nice to take a break and remember how much I love to-- look at art, appreciate the talent of a musical, explore new streets and old landmarks, people-watch like crazy, and even sleep in. Liz was the perfect travel buddy/tour guide, too: she knew the best places to go, she navigated the subways like a pro, and she kept me laughing. She's the best. Did I mention that I love New York?


7 comments:
Okay, A-mazing trip! I am so jealous!
Cool Pics!. Isn't the Manhatten Temple Amazing? It was so great to go when we were there for our honeymoon during the Open House. Joseph served in the singles ward that met there. I think New York is such a fun city to visit. There's always things to do and historical places to see. I forget, was that your first time in NY? Love ya!
What Celebs did u see?
Yes, first time in NY, but hopefully not my last! We saw Ashley Williams at Ellis Island and Romola Garai in Greenwich Village.
Me too! I would love to go back to NYC someday! :)
Julianne, these pics are SO wonderful! I REALLY love New York, too, for visiting anyway... I'm so thrilled that you made it to the Guggenheim and Broadways shows and the subway and Ellis Island and.... on and on. Those are my favorite places, including the little communities like Grenich Village. I'm just thrilled for you! Thanks for all of the fabulous photos! :) :) Mom
Ohhhhh, the Guggenheim and a broadway show - what I wouldn't have given to be in your pocket! Two of my favorite things on the planet! I'm SO glad you got to go!
Post a Comment