
You'd think we're a family of sleepwalkers the way we all go to bed in one place and wake up in a completely different one. It's nothing quite that glamorous, I'm afraid, just the juggling act we call getting through the night. Here's how it works: Bennett falls asleep in his bed, Eli falls asleep in his crib, and Stephen and I fall asleep in our bed. All's well in the Geddes home. Then comes 5 am. Eli wakes up to eat, so into our bed he goes. Stephen realizes there's a kid in the bed (he can't sleep with either of the boys for some reason) and heads to the couch. 6:30 am Bennett comes barreling out of his room, hollering, "Daddy, I'm hungry!" After making breakfast and turning on "Arthur" (B is now on the couch), Stephen heads back to the boys' room to sleep in Bennett's twin bed. Goldilocks would be proud, wouldn't she?
No comments:
Post a Comment