Thursday, May 3, 2007

Brotherly Love

I never realized just how much Bennett and Eli would love each other. I was so worried about the older being jealous of the younger and the younger being trampled by the older that I didn't have time to consider the possibility of their being best buddies. Yet here they are, Eli only four months old, and they absolutely adore each other. All Bennett has to do is walk in the room and Eli lights up with excitement, and all Eli has to do is wake up and Bennett is rushing cribside, gleefully exclaiming, "Eli's awake! Eli's awake!" Sometimes Stephen and I get a little jealous, in fact, of the way Bennett can make Eli laugh. Not even we, his devoted entertainer parents, can get those kind of belly laughs from the baby! All in all, however, it warms our hearts to see Bennett choose playing with Eli over playing with any of his other toys, and then see the way Eli cranes his neck to find his brother and smile at him. Each seems to be the other's biggest fan, and we love watching them love each other.

No comments: