Sunday, June 15, 2014

Soccer Baby

A few months ago after dinner I was leaning back in my dinner chair after enjoying the meal and Millie came up to me and patted me on the stomach and said:  Daddy, you have a food baby.  Now, anytime we have had a lot to eat we rub our stomachs and smile and say, "wow, my food baby is happy".  Or "look at my food baby".  Sometimes Millie goes over the top and proudly lifts up her shirt to show her food baby. 
 
Now that the world cup is upon us we started talking about how we would celebrate scoring a goal.  So naturally I loved this soccer baby celebration, minus the thumb sucking, which made it a little weird:
  
 


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2097369-joel-campbell-celebrates-goal-vs-uruguay-by-going-full-baby


On another note:  Here are the teams I am cheering for in the World Cup and why:

USA--Of course I have to cheer for them even though, like their head coach I have no confidence that they will win the World Cup.

Mexico--Cause I served my mission there.  Nice 1st win against Cameroon.

Costa Rica--Since Julianne and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary there.  Very nice 3-1 win against Uruguay.

France--Since Bennett played 2 seasons for the local Sunnyvale Les Petits Bleus team.

Portugal--Since Bennett now plays competitively for the Portugese Athletic Club in San Jose.

Brazil--Gotta cheer for the home team.

Spain--Since on Bennett's competitive team we pattern our play after Barcelona and most of their players play for the Spain National team.

Any other Spanish or English speaking teams I will cheer for if they are playing against any other teams that don't speak the language. Go Americas!

Enjoy the games!

Stephen

1 comment:

Jenae said...

I love how you are cheering for every team, for one reason or another.

And I agree, the thumb-sucking thing is just plain weird.