Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ore-ree-gone

by Millie

A few of my favorite things:

1. Toenail Polish 

It turns out Mommy has been holding out on me.  Little did I know that girls get together and do something as fun as painting their toenails, until I woke from my nap one day to find Mommy, Aunt Ashley, and cousins Shemaina and Solana doing that very thing in the beach house.  I am in love! 

They all chose some rather odd colors, while I went traditionally girl with pretty pink.



2. Coloring with Grandad Jory.

This guy cracks me up.  You should have see the way he tried to win my attention all week.  Who'd have thought I could get the Great Khan to color my Sparkly Princess Color Wondor Book with me?  Best part: the pink sparkles that stuck to his face for the rest of the day!

While I had fun being coy with Grandad, I had no hesitation with all the younger daddies at the reunion.  I snuggled up to Uncle Justin, Uncle Eric and Uncle Brett without hesitation, if not a little ad nauseum at moments.  It made my parents nervous for what's to come when I'm a teenager!


3. Sand

Hours and hours of glorious beach time, and I still cried every time we had to leave.


4. Flying kites with Daddy

I finally understand what those people in Mary Poppins were singing about.



5. Wave jumping with Maina and Kati.

I don't care how cold that water is, I would stay in that ocean all day if my mom would let me.  My cousins patiently carried and waded and helped me jump the waves to my little heart's content.  I wish I were back there now, in fact!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun trip. I so wish I knew your little kids. I want them to come play at my house. :)