It wasn't only the talks that made me want to repeat stake conference over and over again, however. It was getting to be with my husband between the hours of 7am and 3pm on a Sunday, almost start to finish. That hasn't happened in quite some time. We ate breakfast together, we got the kids ready together, (I wish I could say we drove to church together, but he had to be there a little early so I got to figure out how to get a kid with a cast on his foot into church during pouring rain without getting the cast wet while holding a baby, a gigantic, 2 hours-worth-of-stuff church bag, and a giant umbrella to cover all four of us), we wrestled and entertained the kids at church together, we went home together, we fixed and ate lunch together, we put kids down for naps together, and we relaxed together. Talk about glorious.
A few shots from later that afternoon when we were all enjoying a little Sabbath downtime:
| Pretty typical, Millie with a book and Stephen with a remote |
| The gimp playing some Rummikub with me |
| And then there's Eli... I mean, Annakin, as we were corrected several times that day |
I took these, the boots that is--not the gloves, off after getting home from church, and he discovered his new favorite costume |
| Maybe Millie's been a brute all along. Look at this shot I found from a year ago. |
3 comments:
Boy, I could just imagine you trying to get everyone to church with all that stuff and the rain! Crazy man..... Love the pictures!
I'm so glad you enjoyed conference. We had conference on that same week and was great too. However, it seems that every stake conference my husband is out so I have to do all that on my own ... but I don't envy you that you are doing so much work on Sunday with your kids since Stephen is in the bishopric. My hat is off to you. Cool pictures. I love how Eli asks you to call him Annakin ... it reminds me of Mario. I miss those days.
So Hazel saw a picture today and goes, "Do you want me to tell you who that is? It's Yoda." Me, "What? How did you know that?" Hazel, "Because Eli told me."
Post a Comment