"Mommy, I've decided I don't want to be Santa when I grow up (which he announced a few weeks ago). I want to be a rock star."
"Why do you want to be a rock star?"
"I just want to."
I shake my head and wonder where this kid comes up with this stuff. But then I realize we do have a habit of turning on loud, get-you-going, ignore-the-task-at-hand music in our house for cleaning up together, and Daddy has been busting out some of his favorite hair bands lately. You should see those three boys rock out together. Seriously funny. Angry head nods, game-face expressions, legs planted in guitar solo stance with one leg thumping to the beat, and of course the hands working the air guitar and/or mic the whole time. I wish you could see it. Then again, if Eli sticks to his guns, you will get to see it when he grows up and becomes a ROCK STAR!

4 comments:
Having been subjected to my bro's taste in music for so many years...I feel so sorry your kids. LOL I bet it's quite entertaining to watch them them "rock out" though.
My kids think it's weird that I blast music when I deep clean...something needs to make chores more enjoyable. :)
Hoping these darn "snow days" don't impact our summer plans to visit CA and you guys.
I'm inspired - next time I clean, the music is going on loud!! :) The picture is hilarious. That's Eli, right?
Yes, that's Eli wearing Stephen's boots. Always finding a new costume, that child...
I LOVE THAT PICTURE! That's awesome! I want him to marry one of my girls, he's awesome!
Post a Comment