Monday, November 16, 2009

55!


As my wife can attest to, I have suffered through many tough years as a Bay Area sports fan. 13 years of the Warriors pathetic non-playoff teams. The Raiders leaving Oakland to go to LA and then come back and year after year are slowly choked to death by Al Davis. The Earthquakes leaving San Jose to move to Houston and watching my favorite team and players win and win and win for another city.

But on Saturday I didn't have to suffer. Stanford's football team took it to the Evil Empire (USC) again and again and again. They scored 27 unanswered points in the 4th quarter and I swear I was going to wake up all 3 of my kids from their naps from all my cheering. The resulting 55-21 win for Stanford was the most points USC has given up--EVER according to the announcers. I can't tell you how awesome that is!

Check out this link for the recap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293180030

Stephen

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Holy Smokes! At USC too. I like the touch about USC last losing at home to Stanford.

I didn't know that about the Earthquakes either. I had to look it up on Wikipedia. So sad.

At least you have sports there though. We have BYU and the Jazz and that's it.

Anonymous said...

I can still remember sitting in an end zone seat and watching O.J. run wild in a game between Stanford and USC at the old Stanford stadium.

It was great to see a Stanford back run wild against USC. That Toby Gerhart was fantastic Saturday against USC. I hope that he continues doing the same against Cal and Notre Dame.

Dad