Monday, May 4, 2009

Before shots




The third bedroom in our house has needed a face lift since we moved in. Poor Eli suffered through almost two years of these drab and dreary walls, whose color reminds me of office buildings from the eighties.

Thanks to Liz's moving next door and having the free time and handy painting skills that we house project ignorants utterly lack, the nursery will soon be a happier place of another color. She has graciously been accompanying me and the boys to Home Depot, where we're pretty sure the worker helping us thinks we were a lesbian couple, for supplies and paint-mixing. Thankfully, she talked me into doing a few different samples, too, because the color I thought I'd definitely want looked hideous once it was up on the wall and reflecting real sunlight.

Move over ugly brown/grey/taupe, here come's Lemon Ice.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Ah, now I get the date thing. Nice. Don't worry, it's been months since I've done anything. :D

But HOW FUN! Yellow will be just darling. I love the lesbian couple comment too. Hilarious.

I hope you and little girl (and boys) are doing well. You guys look like you're having fun!