Two days before, I was thinking not much was going to happen because: 1) Stephen was in AZ on a work trip and therefore wouldn't have a chance to plan much by the time he came back, 2) it was pouring rain which meant my Bay area b-day tradition of hitting the beach would surely be dashed, 3) I was feeling crummy and tired from the nasty cold that'd been kicking my butt for weeks, and 4) who really wants to turn 35 anyway?
Little did I know that Stephen, who thanks to six years of sharing February 7th with me knows how I like to celebrate, already had a little something in the works. Let's just say I didn't have to cook a meal, change a diaper, discipline my children, or even feel guilty for taking a three hour nap followed by reading as much of my book as I wanted. Now that's true love. He also arranged a little escape from the boys for the two of us to eat yummy Indian food, which I'd been craving for months, and even yummier pastries from my new favorite bakery. And there were several perfect gifts to boot! Man, I love my man.
My apologies to those of you who called and heard little more than a squeak and whisper on the other end of the line. I was there, just voiceless (dumb cold). And a big thanks to all the gals who braved the pouring rain, opening night and a theater full of sighing women to see a movie with me Friday night!
Chocolate Raspberry Mousse that I can't stop dreaming about
Welcome new family photog, Benito! Not bad for his first time...
Birthday mama with her boys, who love taking cushions off couches
Key Lime Cake from Sugar Butter Flour
6 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!!
So so sorry that we're such slackers. You ALWAYS remember ours! :) One of these days I will actually remember to put your birthday on the calender. I think my problem is that Bennett was born in October and I always thought your birthday was then too. So I need to reprogram my brain. :)
That's awesome that you had a great birthday! Way to go Stephen. I guess he has learned over the years.
And that chocolate dessert...salivating! :)
Oh yeah, great photo Bennett!
Miss you!
Happy Birthday!!!
Wow, your hubby is wonderful. My most favorite part of your birthday present was that you got to take a nap and read. And you are35? Nah, that is the new 25. You are plenty young. Hope your cold feels better.
Happy Belated B-Day!!
Sorry you were feeling yucky all week. Glad Stephen treated you well...See, having 4 sisters is a good thing...years of study and training. LOL!
Ty loves the camera, too. I'll have to make sure he brings "his" camera down this summer...Then the kids can capture all the stuff grown-ups forget to take pictures of.
heehee...my word verification is "blessess"
Happy birthday! I hope you got my little bitty note . . .Loves.
ohh- I LOVE the Key Lime, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Happy Birthday Julianne!!!! I am so glad you had a great time... you look great and very happy. I miss you!
Post a Comment