Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bullet List

I can't seem to write a real post these days, so here's a lazy little list of recent family happenings:

--Eli decided to start using his big boy bed rather than the crib, which means that for the first time in almost two years the boys are sleeping in the same room again.

--Now that the nursery is vacant, I'm filling it with baby girl clothes and starting to make some decorating plans. Yes, we might even paint, a first for us.

--Stephen scheduled his hand surgery for next week, March 5th, which also happens to be the day my sister Jenae is due with her second boy!

--I've actually caught Bennett teaching Eli quite a bit lately, from how to put on his shoes or take off his shirt to how to count numbers or put together a puzzle.

--Eli LOVES the little gym class that I take him to every Thursday night (thanks to his aunts' Christmas gift), even if he surprises all the other kids and parents with his high-energy enthusiasm and utter fearlessness.

--I cooked with quinoa for the first time and loved it.

--We've been hosting lots of fun things, like park day potlucks and baby showers and preschool and finger food parties, so our house has been remarkably clean the past month. Sad that it takes having OTHER people come over to get our place looking presentable.

3 comments:

Getting our Ducks in a Row said...

As for your last bullet point...We were cleaning today, as a family after church and Riley asked me "Mom, who is coming over?" Uh..no one honey, just cleaning. I am so with you on cleaning for company!

kenders said...

I agree! I used to love Break the Fast at our house for lots of reasons, but especially cuz it forced us to deep clean.

Hannah said...

Miss J! Thanks for the comment on my little blog. My boys are super fun!! We have a good time. It sounds like you're expecting a girl? CONGRATS! As much as I enojy my boys...I'd really like one of those someday.:) YEA for blogs that allow us all to keep up with eachother. Love em.