Thursday, September 11, 2008

T minus 24 hours


until Stephen and I are Alaska-bound! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. We're celebrating, albeit a bit belatedly, five years of "mawwiage"--which by the way have been the happiest five years of my life--with a cruise to Alaska. Those of you who know Steps know that he's not a huge traveler, but he has wanted to do this trip for our 5th anniversary as long as I can remember. Apropos, then, that we sail out tomorrow on his 35th birthday.

Advanced thanks to Stephen's parents and sisters who will be taking care of the boys for the next eight days, a deeply-appreciated and heroic act of volunteerism. I seriously can't remember the last time the two of us went away together . . . This will also be my first bonafide cruise, since I'm pretty sure the Robin Leach day cruise that Jul, Felipe, Jenae and I took to the Bahamas back in college doesn't count, and I am soooooo looking forward to guilt-free decadence, pampering, and lounging. I'm also very pumped for the shore excursions now that I've finally read through them; let's see if I can convince Steps to go kayaking, biking, zip-lining and/or float-planing with me! Maybe we'll even meet Sarah Palin--one can only hope... ha, ha.

Just in case he reads this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MI AMOR!

Now back to the laundry . . .

13 comments:

Unknown said...

SO JEALOUS!! I think an Alaskan cruise sounds awesome and so does any kind of get away. enjoy!

Alisa said...

Oh, you guys are going to have so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

I only wish Ben and I were going with you guys (can you believe I'm ready for another vacation already?!?), there's no place like Alaska on Earth and you're going to have the best time. Try not to miss your kids too much!

Becky said...

How fun-we have always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise. Are you stopping in Hoonah? Nate spent some time their during graduate school working at a clinic for his rotations. There is a huge zip line there. Have fun! It's great to see your cute little guys and see what everybody is up to. I love blogs!!Know we just have to convince Julie to start one.

Nanon said...

I hope you have a GREAT time! Liz and I will be out to visit soon!!!

Denita said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Stephen!! What a fun way to celebrate. We celebrated our 5th in Hawaii, but we'd love to do an Alaskan cruise sometime. Can't wait to hear all the details and see all the pictures. Have fun!!

Denita said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Stephen!! What a fun way to celebrate. We celebrated our 5th in Hawaii, but we'd love to do an Alaskan cruise sometime. Can't wait to hear all the details and see all the pictures. Have fun!!

TheFunYam said...

Oh man, that sounds DREAMY! Happy anniversary! I know I'm WAY behind on my comments but I am loving reading your posts--you're so descriptive I feel like I'm reading a really well written young adult novel (since I know you're into those :). Have a great time on your trip and take lots of pictures! Love and miss you!

Annelise Kimball said...

What fun to get away! My fifteen year is coming up next year and I'm already bugging Mike for something good, since we've never really gotten away for the others. Here's hopin!

Oh and by the way, is that a picture of you running a half-marathon? I am so jealous. You go girl!

Cade said...

Mrs. J!

I am glad to hear that you are on an Alaskan cruise. If I am not mistaken my wife went on the same one. That's right - "my wife." You probably already heard but I got married last May and have been loving every minute of it. We actually just got settled in Brussels, Belgium for a few months of interning.

When you are not so busy sailing or taking care of your kids I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again for being a fabulous teacher.

Cade (cade.taylor@aggiemail.usu.edu)

Paula's Place said...

You guys are having just tooooooooo much fun! Not a possibility, though, right? What great fun you're having this fall - I'm so happy for you and I love you all. Mom

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO not to rush you or anything but I know you've been back a few hours and I'm waiting to see all the amazing photos I know you took.

Juliann said...

Umm, you're right our one day Bahamas cruize was just a glorified ferry ride. Remember the sad, dirty, EMPTY on-deck pool? What a disappointment but the rest of the trip was fun! As I'm sure your trip will be. . . any on-deck pools on an Alaskan cruise?