Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to Pool

We have been in the nineties this past week, even hitting a hundred here and there. Another sizzling Bay Area September. So while the big kids are back in their classrooms sharpening pencils and cracking open new books, the little kids and their mommies are hitting the pool for some relief from the heat. It almost makes me feel guilty. Almost. Apparently not that much, though, since the boys and I even took to the beach yesterday with some willing friends. I figure a few years from now I will be a van-owning, taxi-driving mom who certainly won't be hitting Santa Cruz on a Friday afternoon, so take advantage of what fleeting freedom I have. Oh, and today we even got to go swimming with Stephen, a summer 2008 first. He was pretty hilarious trying to balance on two inflatable crocodiles and later giving Eli bucking bronco rides on them, but at least he got on at all. I felt like an old granny trying to hoist myself up and balance, only to fall off the second I finally thought I was on. My pool toy skills are seriously wanting.

p.s. A big thank you to those of you who've been letting us use your pools. We love, love, love you.

No comments: