Sunday, November 11, 2007

Turkey comes early

Last Wednesday marked our third annual young women's Thanksgiving dinner, and guess who had the bless-ed opportunity of hosting the feast this year? Yours truly, so Stephen wanted me to document the fact that we had thirty people eating dinner in our house at one time. I cooked the turkey (my first ever, mind you), the other leaders brought delicious sides, and the girls brought their healthy appetites. I'm always surprised by how much food they can throw down! Even when they weren't eating, however, they seemed to have a good time; and as much as I stressed about having space for everyone, it was kinda fun to dust off all my stemware and dinnerware for an evening.


6 comments:

Jenae said...

Wow, that really is a feat to feed that many in your house! Way to go! And that is definitely an early Thanksgiving, what a fun tradition!
You'll have to pass on Stephen's pumpkin-orange cake recipe, it sounds good. We can trade, we have a delish pumpkin cake recipe too.

kenders said...

Way to be brave and host the big party! It looks like it turned out great! We can't wait to see your new place in person. :) And play Harry Potter Scene It! And if you're lucky maybe we'll bring the wii again :) Would Stephen ever forgive us if we didn't bring it again on purpose? Hee Hee. I'm glad he finally likes it!

Stephen said...

Rock on! We can't wait to play games with you guys, either.

kenders said...

You know it!!!

Jana Miller said...

Your first Turkey dinner!!!! Yeah! A big group - how fun. Do you have china? I can't remember what you did for your wedding. You definitely need to put up some pictures of your house. So fun to see! You are inpsiring me!!!!

Paula's Place said...

Wow, your place is great! I'm so happy for you!